Callus Intensive Cream
Callus Intensive Cream
The Hansaplast Callus Intensive Cream is especially developed for callus-prone feet. Its intensive formula with 20% urea effectively reduces callus, rehydrates very dry skin and strengthens its protective function. The urea, a substance that naturally exists in the upper layers of our skin, works here to remoisturise the skin from within. This unique formula effectively provides long-term results and will help your feet become noticeably smoother and softer.*
This product is suitable for diabetics.
Based on clinical studies, this product is confirmed to be skin-compatible.
Improved skin conditions
Hansaplast Callus Intensive Cream has been tested in dermatological studies, and its ability to significantly improve skin conditions, its efficacy and its skin tolerability were also confirmed. This product is an effective and safe option in the treatment of very dry and calloused foot skin.
The test confirmed that the formula also:
- significantly reduces dryness, callus, scaling and roughness
- significantly improves skin hydration levels
- noticeably improved the skin (as observed by participants)
- remained tolerable to the skin throughout the course of the study
* Dermatological application study with 33 subjects, 91% of the users state it noticeably softens and smoothens skin after four days.
** Dermatological in-use study: 55 healthy female subjects, including diabetics with hyperkeratotic, very dry, rough foot skin.
How to Use
Apply two times daily in a circular motion to the affected areas, heels and soles until fully absorbed.
Extra tip: For best results use Hansaplast Callus Scrub & Care beforehand.
Avoid contact with eyes or open wounds. Do not store above 25°C.
Callus Intensive Cream
Frequently Asked Questions (11)
1. How does callus develop?A callus is an extended area of thickened skin mainly on the soles and heels of the feet. Calloused skin forms wherever the skin is exposed to pressure and friction over a longer period of time. The outer layer of the skin, the epidermis, reacts by building up and forming calloused skin in layers.
2. Is too much callus harmful?In most cases, calloused skin is painless. Once exposed to excessive and constant pressure, it can also get worse and crack. Little to moderate callus formation is nothing more than a cosmetic or aesthetic problem; especially when wearing open shoes. Yet thickening of the affected areas can lead to painful and inconvenient callus formation.
3. What is urea and how does it work?Urea is a naturally occurring substance in our skin that is found in the upper skin layers. It has a vital role in maintaining the body’s so-called natural moisturising factor (NMF). Urea gives moisture to the skin cells and keeps the skin smooth and supple. Due to its hydrating effects it helps the skin to maintain its elasticity. It also helps to increase the skin’s capacity to store moisture and stabilises the skin’s natural barrier function. In higher concentrations, urea also has keratolytic properties; it softens the calloused skin layer so it can be easily released.
The natural and highly effective moisturiser urea provides long-lasting and intense moisturisation, thus helping to reduce dry and calloused areas. Foot creams with urea will help to regenerate and rehydrate dry rough and calloused skin of the feet, making them soft and supple again.
4. What is the Aquaporin Technology?
Hansaplast Callus Intensive Cream offers the innovative combination of a highly effective, callus-reducing concentration of urea with Aquaporin Technology. The formula effectively stimulates skin hydration and provides long-term results. The Aquaporin Technology stands for effective skin hydration even in deeper epidermal skin layers. It is based on Gluco-Glycerol, proven to stimulate the skin cells’ formation of moisture channels (aquaporins) in-vitro.
5. Why is Hansaplast Callus Intensive Cream so effective?Because of the innovative combination of a highly effective, callus-reducing concentration of urea (20%!) with Aquaporin Technology. The formula effectively stimulates skin hydration and provides long-term results. Aquaporin Technology is based on Gluco-Glycerol, proven to stimulate the skin cells’ formation of moisture channels (aquaporins) in-vitro. In just four days* the skin of your feet will become noticeably softer and smooth again.
6. When and how do I use Hansaplast Callus Intensive Cream?Apply twice a day (morning and evening) in a circular motion to the affected areas, heels and soles until fully absorbed. Callus Intensive Cream should not be applied to open wounds and bloody or infected cracks.
7. How does the Anti Callus range create healthy and smooth feet?The three-step-system of the Hansaplast Anti Callus range: Peeling and Cream combine highly concentrated urea with effective ingredients for effective callus reduction and intensive moisturisation.
Start with Callus Scrub & Care: Its active ingredients will not only help you exfoliate, but also provide extra care for soft and supple feet in its caring phase. Hansaplast Callus Intensive Cream offers the innovative combination of a highly effective, callus-reducing concentration of urea with Aquaporin Technology. The formula effectively stimulates skin hydration and provides long-term results.
8. So when do I use the Hansaplast Anti Callus range?
... have thicker calluses than when you were younger and finally want to get rid of them
... want to show off beautiful, moisturised feet without calluses
... want to maintain healthy and supple feet
... want to relieve discomfort or pain caused by calluses
... want to prevent worse foot problems such as corns or the build-up of calluses into painful cracks
9. Who is Hansaplast Anti Callus for?When you are young, you will want to use foot creams for keeping your feet moisturised or to pamper them. But with age your feet will change and callus will build up if you neglect them. Using Hansaplast Anti Callus on a regular basis doesn’t only get rid of callus, but also help prevent it and maintain soft feet in the long term. So as the needs of your feet and their condition change with age, through seasons or the stress your feet are exposed to, the basics of Hansaplast’s Anti Callus range are the same: exfoliate, moisturise and target, with highly effective and skin-friendly products.
10. Do I always need all three products?All products are highly effective when used by themselves, but using them together will give you best results.
11. Is the Hansaplast Anti Callus range suitable for diabetics?As with all Hansaplast products, skin compatibility is dermatologically tested and approved. Also, Callus Intensive Cream was tested on people with especially dry and calloused skin, including diabetics.